Make-up with spectacles? Yes, you read that right! Feel Good Contacts have come up with a perfect guide for you! Spectacles aren’t a hindrance to highlighting your eyes. In fact, you can make your eyes appear even bigger with glasses.
Tips & tricks!
• Neutral eye shadows: Fill your make-up palette with neutral eyeshadow shades like beige, brown or ivory shade. If you are wearing glasses due to myopia, you will notice that your eyes look smaller due to concave lenses. Dark and heavy makeup will shrink them further while neutral colours brighten up the eye socket and make the eyes appear more prominent. For an evening look, you can opt for shimmery or sparkly eyeshadow which also helps by giving more light reflection.
• A soft eyeliner: A soft eyeliner in brown would be the ideal pick to define your eyes without making them look small. Also, make it a point to blend the lines in order to prevent them from appearing too harsh.
• A white pencil on the waterline: This will help boost that wide-eyed look and make your eyes appear even larger. Just what you need for a glam look!
• Don’t forget a coat of mascara: Mascara always helps to add definition to your eyes, even whilst wearing spectacles. In fact, if you want to give your eye area an extra lift, grab your eyelash curlers and curl your lashes before applying mascara.
• Concealer for the under-eye area: A good quality concealer will help you brighten up the under-eye area in addition to covering dark circles. It will give you the appearance of larger eyes and a more awake look, especially if your eyes are looking tired from a lack of sleep.
Make sure you choose a frame that's the right size and shape for your face
• Keep your brow game strong: You don’t want your brows to disappear behind your frames, so remember to fill in your brows with a brow gel or pencil. It will also help to frame your face and draw more attention to your eyes.
• The right frame: Make sure you choose a frame that’s the right size and shape for your face. Smaller, thinner frames are ideal if you wish to enlarge your eyes, while large, thick frames will make your eyes appear smaller.
• Foundation only where it is needed: It is recommended to apply foundation only on the areas where you need it to prevent transferring foundation from your nose bridge to the nose bridge of your frames. Foundation should be as close a match to your skin colours as possible. If you like to wear your foundation all over, then try to go for a product which is designed for long-lasting wear and set it with a powder.
• Dewy and natural: For the rest of your makeup, it is advised to keep it dewy and natural. A light blush for a fresh-faced look can be paired with a bold lip colour.
• Match the thickness of your eyeliner to the thickness of your frames: Keep liner more delicate on thin frames and go a little chunkier if your frames are bigger. A great trick indeed!
So get glam with the right make up, pick the most stylish frame and don’t forget your mask while heading out. Remember, precaution is better than cure!
Find out more
Established in 2008 by qualified optometrists, Feel Good Contacts (feelgoodcontacts.com) is one of the UK’s leading online suppliers of contact lenses, spectacles, and sunglasses. It is a one-stop-shop for all eye essentials including contact lenses, prescription glasses, designer sunglasses and eye care products across UK, Ireland and France. At Feel Good Contacts, customers enjoy up to 50% off compared to high street opticians. In fact, Feel Good Contacts is the only UK company to offer a discounted service via a mobile app as well.